Cefn Druids Football Club are looking for Academy Head of Goalkeeping to work within the club’s renowned Football Academy at The Rock.
Reporting to the Head of Coaching
2 sessions per week and a match day.
Overall Purpose of Job:
Academy Goalkeeping Coach will be responsible for implementing and delivering the Club’s Goalkeeping Strategy.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties:
• The development of long term strategies to ensure the successful recruitment and development of Academy goalkeepers for Cefn Druids.
• To develop and implement a Goalkeeping Coaching Curriculum in line with the philosophy covering technical and tactical aspects, ensuring these are delivered and reinforced through effective coaching and mentoring.
• To prepare the Academy goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches.
• To monitor and report on the performance and progress of all goalkeepers, evaluating against established and agreed goals.
• To create a positive environment for learning and development within the goalkeeping team.
• Develop the transition of goalkeepers from Academy to First team Squad is managed.
• Player Recruitment, identify and scout potential goalkeeping target players.
• Complete all administrative tasks including updating and monitoring of all goalkeeper records.
• Evaluate the goalkeeping provision within the Academy to ensure consistent delivery of the Goalkeeping Coaching Curriculum.
• Attend all Academy Management Team Meetings.
• Ensure all qualifications are maintained through a programme of CPD and any training needs identified through appraisal.
• Attend fixtures as per the FAW Academy games programme.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties that may arise or be assigned by the Head of Coaching or coaching staff.
Goalkeeper B Licence (or equivalent);
Valid UK Driving licence.
Experience of GK Coaching in an Academy environment
Experience of designing and implementing GK development programmes;
Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management;
Able to communicate effectively with players, staff and senior management (verbal and written);
Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
Strong interactive / people skills;
Excellent IT and presentation skills;
Good communicator at all levels;
Availability for flexible working hours;
Adaptable and innovative;
Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development;
An ability to inspire and lead individuals;
Focused on individual player development;
Willing to support and promote the Club and Football Philosophy.
Outfield FA level 2 or FAW C certificate.
Playing experience Tier One or Two Welsh football or equivalent elsewhere in the U.K.
Applicants should apply in writing to Andy.email@example.com