Equality of opportunity at Cefn Druids Football Club means that in all our activities we will not discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of age, ability or disability, gender, gender reassignment sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ethnic, natural or social origin, skin colour, race, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, language, or wealth.
Cefn Druids Football Club will ensure that its recruitment procedures are fair and non-discriminatory. We will ensure that no job applicant suffers discrimination because of any of the Protected Characteristics contained in the Equality Act 2010.
As well as complying with legislation we will promote equality by taking positive steps to counteract the effects of physical or cultural barriers – whether real or perceived – that restrict the opportunity for all sections of the community to participate equally and fully.
Cefn Druids Football Club will therefore seek to institute, support or contribute to appropriate measures or initiatives that enable access to our club, as well as require participation in associated activities by people from any group that is under-represented in the club or has difficulty accessing it.
All vacancies will be advertised appropriately to ensure that all potential applicants are informed of available opportunities. Equal opportunities statements will be present in all job advertisements.
All recruitment publicity will be designed to positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and experienced people, particularly those from under-represented groups and will avoid any stereotyping of roles or non-inclusive language.
The Club will ensure at all times it selects the most suitable person for the role in respect of skills, experience, and qualifications, irrespective of any of the Protected Characteristics or by any other unjustifiable condition or requirement.
All those involved in the recruitment processes will receive appropriate training to limit any potential bias in decision making.
Recruitment monitoring information will be obtained from all applicants and Positive Action will be applied when and where appropriate to address under-representation of the club’s workforce.
Cefn Druids Football Club are committed to the following:
1. Equality and fairness in all areas of employment, including in recruitment, training and promotional opportunities.
2. Pro-actively tackling discrimination and inequality, to ensure that no individual or group is directly or indirectly discriminated against for any reason with regard to employment or accessing and participating in all activities.
3. This policy applies also to contractors and sub-contractors of the Club. The Club will monitor the performance of contractors and/or third parties and take all necessary steps to ensure good performance and compliance with appropriate behaviours. If any issues become apparent with regards to diversity or equality in relation to any contractor or a third party, these will be taken very seriously by the Club and raised and addressed in the strongest possible terms with the contractor or third party.
4. As an employer committed to diversity and equality Cefn Druids Football Club recognises its success depends on creating an inclusive environment for all club officers and members and will develop supporting policies and procedures to achieve this.
5. The Club will aim to complete Equality Impact Assessments to ensure that all of its policies take account of equality considerations, which affect its officers and members and applicants for posts to try to minimise or remove any potential disadvantages to under-represented groups.
6. The Club will ensure that appropriate monitoring is undertaken. If, through such monitoring or any other means, any discrimination or discriminatory practice is identified the Club will take corrective action to eliminate it.
7. All Officers and Members have a responsibility to guard against any form of discrimination and avoid any action which goes against the spirit of this policy. Officers and Members must always ensure that there is no discrimination in any of their decisions or behaviour and must report any discriminatory behaviour they witness in line with the Clubs reporting procedures.
The clubs “Equality Champion” is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of this policy, along with the “Equality Lead” on the Board, however, all Club Officials and Members have a role to play in achieving its objectives.
This policy is fully supported by the Clubs Board and Officers.
Policy approval date: 01/11/20