A great start for Druids at The Rock yesterday saw us go ahead early on through a George Harry strike. However, our opponents pressed on with a quick equaliser and eventually completed their comeback in the second half, coming away with a 4-1 win. 

We arrived at The Rock in a scorching afternoon in North Wales. The sun was out and some rotation amongst the squad saw new faces come into the starting 11 and a Druids debut. Aaron Pomeyie and George Harry led the line up front with Charley Edge and Ben Wynne returning to the starting 11. Still a much-depleted squad with injuries and suspensions as Phil Mooney, Jacob Lever, Yalany Baio, Stef Edwards, Emmanuel Agyemang and Jake Hampson were all unavailable. 

The match kicked off and Druids held their shape well early on as Barry kept possession along their backline, attempting to penetrate through us. However, we held firm and after around 15 minutes began getting ourselves back into the game and getting on the ball. We played some really nice football, building up from the back up to our forward players. The first half chance of the match came following a slick passing move by Druids resulting in a cross to the back post for Ben Wynne. His first-time strike going just wide of the post. Positive signs for Druids who got their reward on 30 minutes. A long throw from Wynne bounced in the Barry box, Niall Flint kept the ball alive at the far post for George Harry to tap in from close range and put us 1-0 up! An unfortunate hamstring injury soon after for Aaron Pomeyie saw him replaced by Derrick Amankwah for his Druids and Welsh Prem debut. 

A great start to the match for Druids who had competed well with our opposition so far. However less than 10 minutes later, Barry had their equaliser. A corner whipped into the near post was flicked in by forward Kayne Mclaggon making it 1-1 just before halftime. We went into the break all square with a big 45 on the way. 

The second period began and Barry were pressing high for a winner while Druids tried to stay solid defensively and catch our opponents on the break. The match remained very tight until around the 60th minute mark when a Barry set piece was cleared well by the Druids defense. However, another cross came back in immediately after for forward Clayton Green to head in at the far post, giving our opponents the lead. Matters worsened as 15 minutes later, Mclaggon had another, flicking on a near post cross to make it 3-1. 

The final nail in the coffin came just before fulltime, when Clayton Green got one more, with the referee blowing his whistle shortly after. 

A disappointing end to the match for Druids who were playing and competing well with our opponents for about 70 minutes. However, Barry continued applying pressure and eventually ground us down and came away with all 3 points. 

No time to despair, as a quick turnaround sees us travel to Newtown AFC on Tuesday night in another tough fixture. 

We keep going!